N O P A R T O F I T

N O   P A R T   O F   I T
Far more important than baking bread is the urge to take dough -beating to the extreme - Otto Muehl

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Kommisar Hjuler und Mama Baer und Arvo Zylo und Heathen Harvest review mit Fecalove


Now available from Psych.KG, a collaboration between Arvo Zylo & Kommissar Hjuler und Frau split with a collaboration between Conrad Schnitzler & Gen Ken Montgomery circa 1987!  Some really nice piano/synth/field recording juxtapositions on this one. It is a c60 cassette limited to 30 copies, with a full color Kodak j-card of the lovely Mama Baer apparently standing in front of a clothing store littered with garbage!  KH + MB did a short rendition of segments from the classic Jane Fonda film, Barbarella, and I did the soundtrack.  For me, this is a return to quasi-insane musical form on my sequencer...  true soundtrack elements, with plenty of experimental, almost musique concret mannerisms.  This is a fun recording.  They sent this material to me two years ago.  I finally got to it this summer.  


In other news, Heathen Harvest reviewed something I sent to them about two years ago, incidentally, and it is reviewed by none other than TURGID ANIMAL label head and filth connoisseur Nicola Vinciguerra (Fecalove) himself.   This is my collaboration with Dental Work entitled "Velcro Bismol", one of my prouder releases, and certainly among the proudest of collaborations.  Heathen Harvest works very hard to keep certain facets of lesser known experimental music and (industrial) noise vibrant, and I appreciate them for it.  

A snippet: The entire CD-R alternates between heavy, rich, and absurdly loud harsh noise tracks like the aforementioned opener, ‘Rehab Artist’, and more laid-back, deranged, and hypnotic loop-centered ventures into old-school industrial cut-up music. And indeed, what Arvo Zylo seems to be best at is finding the right chunks of sound to loop and exploit ad nauseam, while celebrating what seems to be a genuine passion for old Nurse with Wound and NONrecords.


I do have a passion for the aforementioned, but as I have said many times, my influences begin and and end with COIL and FOETUS.  If it weren't for them, I wouldn't have continued.  I go with my gut entirely, but it's not bad company to be compared to at all.

No comments: